Friday, October 10, 2014

Connie Mack (Manager of the Year) and Willie Mays (Rookie of the Year) Predictions

With the MLB playoffs in full swing, I've decided to come back to the present. As you've undoubtedly noted, my blog has taken quite the historical path as of late. But since I think I am going to devote the in-season time to historical events that happened in Baseball on a daily basis, during the postseason and offseason, I think I am going to reside in the present and give Doc Brown and the Delorean a break ;)

For today I wanted to shed some light on the year end award voting for the 2014 MLB season. One of the requirements for membership in the Baseball Bloggers Alliance is for members to vote in the form of a blogpost and all the votes are collected and tabulated by the Alliance. Today's post is devoted to the Connie Mack (Manager of the Year) and Willie Mays (Rookie of the Year) awards. Now I will only place my choices here for today and when the awards are announced after the World Series will I give thoughts into the award winners.

Connie Mack Award (Manager of the Year)
American League

  1. Ned Yost (Kansas City Royals) 
  2. Lloyd McClendon (Seattle Mariners)
  3. Mike Scioscia (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)

National League

  1. Matt Williams (Washington Nationals)
  2. Clint Hurdle (Pittsburgh Pirates)
  3. Don Mattingly (Los Angeles Dodgers)

Willie Mays Award (Rookie of the Year)
American League

  1. Jose Abreu (Chicago White Sox)
  2. Yordano Ventura (Kansas City Royals)
  3. Dellin Betances (New York Yankees)

National League

  1. Jason deGrom (New York Mets)
  2. Joe Panik (San Francisco Giants)
  3. Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati Reds)
Will my predictions match the actual results of the votes for the Manager and Rookie of the Year Awards? We'll have to wait for the official announcements to see.


Until Then Keep Playing Ball,
Baseball Sisco
#baseballsisco
#baseballsiscokidstyle


No comments:

Post a Comment