Thursday, October 10, 2024

Cleveland Cy Young Pitchers October 10, 2024

What's up peeps. I'm watching Game 4 of the Guardians vs the Tigers and the annoucners were talking about Guardian pitchers that have won the American League Cy Young Award. That got me thinking about which pitchers have won the award for the Indians/Guardians. I thought that the list was longer. The award was won six times by five pitchers. Here are the winners.  



I really thought that Cleveland had more Cy Young winners. I was thinking that Bartolo Colon won his Cy Young in Cleveland. He actually won it in 2005 with the Angels. He placed 4th in Cy Young voting in 1999. Recently deceased Luis Tiant had a phenomenal 1968 season for the Indians going 21-9 with a 1.60 ERA. But it would be hard to not have the 31-game winner Denny McLain win the Cy Young unanimously, which he did. Bob Feller played in the era before the Cy Young was being awarded.

Would you have thought that another Cleveland pitcher would have won the A.L. Cy Young? Let me know in the comments box. 

Until Then Keep Playing Ball,

Baseball Sisco
#BaseballSisco
#BaseballSiscoKidStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment