Thursday, August 1, 2013

Izzy and The Girls at The Somerset Patriots Game

My friend Izzy recently had the distinction of being on the field of the Somerset Patriots with his daughters while his oldest threw out the first pitch. The Patriots squared off against their Atlantic League Freedom Division rivals The Lancaster Barnstormers. Here is his story:
On Sunday July 21, 2013 I had the pleasure of having a Dads day out with my two daughters. Mommy was out of town on business and I had tickets to the Somerset Patriots game as part of Masons night out at the ballpark. The Patriots play in the Atlantic Independent League.

Many of my lodge brothers were in attendance with their families and both of my girls felt right at home in the picnic area where we were camped at the game in left field. This was our second year in a row going to a Patriots game as family night.

Couple days before the game I was contacted by my lodge brother who put this together and asked if I wanted to be one of the first pitch participants before the game started. I was excited for the opportunity of just being on the field and I wanted my older daughter to throw the ball. At almost age 7 she's already getting a pretty good arm lol. It was also great to be on the field together with Yankees great Sparky Lyle the manager of the Patriots. I took a quick video of her throw and she was psyched to do it. What I didn't know was there was a professional photographer taking pictures of each thrower and towards the end of the game the Patriots rep that took care of us gave me a framed still action photo of her throw! Nice surprise and great keepsake.


The Patriots were losing 2-0 until the bottom of the 9th when they tied the game and had everyone on their feet. They ended up losing 3-2 in the 10th but it was a great game and the family picnic fun was actually the best part

Look forward to doing it again next year
So there you have it. As I have friends who have amazing experiences at the Ballpark or at any other Baseball themed event, I'll try to have them send in a guest post. Glad you and your girls had a good time Izzy. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sisco Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment