Wednesday, October 18, 2023

I Just Realized I Haven't Posted Here in 5 Years!!!

Like the emoji to the right, I am totally mind blown that I haven't posted to this blog in over five years. Five years!!!! WTF!!!

I guess I've been very active on my BaseballSisco Instagram account and haven't written anything here. As of late I've been posting the results of my daily Immaculate Grid results and trying to reignite my Baseball book reading. Well its actually more listening these days since my attention span is not the same as it used to be. Plus I tend to listen to podcasts and books while sorting the mail at the USPS. 

The current reading/listening selection is Billy Ball: Billy Martin and the Resurrection of the Oakland A's by Dale Tafoya

Here is how the book is described by the publisher:

"There was no more polarizing manager in baseball than the hot-tempered, hard-drinking, risk-taking Billy Martin. During a time of economic uncertainty and waning baseball interest in Oakland, Billy Ball filled the stands, rejuvenated fans, and saved professional baseball in the city. Based largely on interviews with former players, team executives, and journalists, Billy Ball captures Martin's homecoming to the Bay area in 1980, his immediate embrace by Oakland fans, and the A's return to playoff baseball."

Tafoya is a journalist whose writing has appeared in a number of publications and has followed the Oakland A's for over 30 years. 

As a lifelong Yankees fan, there is nothing but love for Billy Martin. Watching him get George Brett frothing at the mouth during the infamous Pine Tar game is a classic Billy moment. I'm looking forward to hearing about Billy's escapades as the manager of the Oakland A's. 

I promise to post more about this book when I get further along. And I hope to be more consistent with posting going forward. 

Until Then Keep Playing Ball,

Baseball Sisco
#BaseballSisco
#BaseballSiscoKidStyle


No comments:

Post a Comment